An increase in population and the number of automobiles will likely boost tire demand in the future. The Bridgestone Group’s goal is to implement business operations in balance with the planet’s ecological capacity. We have set the goal of using “100% sustainable materials” in our products as the long-term vision for 2050 and beyond. To achieve this goal, we are committed to taking the following three actions:
(1) reduce raw material consumption (enhance resource productivity),
(2) recycle resources and use them efficiently, and
(3) expand and diversify renewable resources (i.e., technology aimed at zero use of non-renewable materials).
The Bridgestone Group defines sustainable materials as those that:
(1) come from resources with a continual supply;
(2) can be used as part of our business over the long term and;
(3) have a low environmental and social impact over their lifecycle from procurement to disposal.