About Bridgestone Corporation:
Bridgestone is a global leader in tires and rubber building on its expertise to provide solutions for safe and sustainable mobility. Headquartered in Tokyo, the company employs approximately 130,000 people globally and conducts business in more than 150 countries and territories worldwide. Bridgestone offers a diverse product portfolio of premium tires and advanced solutions backed by innovative technologies, improving the way people around the world move, live, work and play.
News - 2023
- BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tires are offered as original equipment on the new BMW S 1000 RR.
- Featuring Bridgestone's advanced technology, BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tires offer sporty handling and superior grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- Through "Dan-Totsu" products that realize "Driving Excitement," Bridgestone will deliver "Emotion: Committed to inspiring excitement and spreading joy to the world of mobility" of the "Bridgestone E8 Commitment."
Tokyo (February 6, 2023) ― Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) today announced that its BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tires have been selected as original equipment on the new S 1000 RR released by BMW Motorrad.
By contributing to the development of safe and enjoyable motorcycle cultures with peace of mind through "Dan-Totsu"*1 products that realize "Driving Excitement," Bridgestone strives to achieve its corporate commitment for "Emotion: Committed to inspiring excitement and spreading joy to the world of mobility" described in its "Bridgestone E8 Commitment."*2
BMW S 1000 RR is the supersports bike first presented in 2009. With the comprehensive innovations to the engine, suspension, chassis, aerodynamics, design, and assistance systems, the new edition of this vehicle offers even more dynamic performance.*3
Through the two companies' long-term co-creation, Bridgestone continues to contribute to the realization of value that BMW provides through its wide range of vehicles. The BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tires for the new BMW S 1000 RR are "Dan-Totsu" products developed with technologies fostered through motorsport activities. With an optimized, state-of-the-art tread compound and structure, these tires provide sporty handling and superior grip on any surface, thereby contributing to the dynamic riding performance of the new BMW S 1000 RR.
In its motorsport activities, Bridgestone has refined its technologies through participation in MotoGP™ events from 2002 to 2015 and has continued to support motorsport events such as the FIM*4 Endurance World Championship (EWC). Through these activities, Bridgestone has continuously supported premium motorcycles with BATTLAX, a premium motorcycle tire brand that features state-of-the-art "Dan-Totsu" products. Bridgestone has thereby advanced and refined its technologies, claiming the global No. 1*5 position for selection for original equipment in the premium segment. Furthermore, Bridgestone will invest in the Nasu Plant. Located in Japan, the Nasu Plant is a manufacturing base for motorcycle tires. The investments in this plant will be aimed at expanding supply capability and accelerating our premium business strategy for motorcycle tires.*6
By supplying BATTLAX brand "Dan-Totsu" products that accommodate the discerning taste for riding performance of customers and respond to diverse needs, Bridgestone is committed to spreading the joy of mobility and to providing "Driving Excitement" in 10 years, 20 years, and beyond. Bridgestone will continue to contribute to the development of safe and enjoyable motorcycle cultures offering peace of mind, and to the realization of a sustainable mobility society through the supply of tires for original equipment that fully draw out the performance and appeal of the respective vehicles.
- "Dan-Totsu" refers to Bridgestone's direction to be the clear and absolute leader.
- The Bridgestone Group established its corporate commitment, the "Bridgestone E8 Commitment," to help it realize its vision: "Toward 2050, Bridgestone continues to provide social value and customer value as a sustainable solutions company." This commitment will serve as the Group's axis to drive management while earning the trust of future generations. The "Bridgestone E8 Commitment" consists of eight Bridgestone-like values starting with the letter "E" (Energy, Ecology, Efficiency, Extension, Economy, Emotion, Ease, and Empowerment) that the Group will commit to creating through Bridgestone-like purposes and processes, together with employees, society, partners, and customers to help realize a sustainable society.
- For information on the new BMW S 1000 RR, please refer to the following news release.
- International Motorcycling Federation (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme).
- Bridgestone has the No. 1 position for large superbikes with emissions of 1000 cc or above (based on estimates by Bridgestone).
- For more information, please refer to the news release entitled "Bridgestone to Invest in Nasu Plant to Strengthen Implementation of Premium Business Strategy for Motorcycle Tires" issued on August 8, 2022.
- The image of the BMW S 1000 RR in this news release is used with permission from BMW Motorrad. This photograph may not be reproduced or reused without permission.
About Bridgestone Corporation: