Presentation material of 2016MTP
News - 2016
Tokyo (October 17, 2016) - Bridgestone Corporation today announced the outline of the company's Mid-term Management Plan for 2016 (2016MTP) covering 5 years from 2017 to 2021. In support of its goals to become a truly global company and achieve "Dan-Totsu" in each industry in which it competes, the 2016MTP will serve as a roadmap and process guide as the Bridgestone Group accelerates the pace of its management reforms and increases its focus on the strategic measures outlined in the 2016MTP.
The following is an overview of the 2016MTP.
1. Positioning of the 2016MTP
Period: 5-years (2017-2021)
The 2016MTP reflects changes in the operating environment since the formulation of the 2015MTP, and incorporates revisions to that plan, as well as additional strategies and actions as deemed necessary to respond to those changes.
2. Outline of the 2016MTP
In the 2016 MTP, the Bridgestone Group continues its focus on the three subjects that have been its priority since the 2013MTP: (1) Cultivating global corporate culture, (2) Developing human resources capable of global management, and (3) Upgrading the global management structure.
|Priority issues||Examples of 2016 initiatives|
|(1) Cultivating global corporate culture|
|A. Advance brand strategy||
· Olympic TOP Partner, Select Paralympic Partnerships
- Partnership with Japan and U.S. Paralympic Teams· Official Worldwide Olympic Partner
|B. Innovation (technology,business model & design)||
· Innovative technologies
- REGNO GR-Leggera, Siphon Drainage System,ANCHOR RT9
|C. Continuous Kaizen||· Enhance and expand sales network|
|(2) Developing human resources capable of global management||
· Global EXCO (Highest body of global business execution)
- Developing & strengthening talent
|(3) Upgrading the global management structure|
|A. Enhancing governance systems||
· Organization design
- 2016 (Mar.) Shifted to "Company with Nominating Committees etc." corporate structure · SBU restructure
- 2016 (Jan.) Established Global Mining and Agricultural Solution Company
|B. Expanding the Diversified Products businesses||
- 2016 (Sep.) Introduced New Product "Bikke GRI", Electric-Assisted Bicycle with child seat
3. 2016MTP management targets
Innovation & continuous Kaizen (focus on quality and balance)
- Growth exceeding the industry average
- Return on Asset (ROA) of 6%, Operating Profit (OP) of 10% and Return on Equity (ROE) 12%
- By each SBU (Strategic Business Unit): OP 10%
About Bridgestone Corporation:
Bridgestone Corporation (BSJ), headquartered in Tokyo, is the world's largest tire and rubber company. In addition to tires for use in a wide variety of applications, it also manufactures a broad range of diversified products, which include industrial rubber and chemical products and sporting goods. Its products are sold in over 150 nations and territories around the world.